BSA 204 W8 : Let's Get Meta



So I had an idea last night when I was trying to sleep, it was very different to anything else I've had since it was fantasy - more specifically a book series or game. This has been something I've dappled with in the past but I'd never gotten a premise that clicked so well - something that is very much in its genre but has something different that makes it distinctive.

I thought about putting it down on this blog, after all it is storytelling. The blog is something that works almost as a notebook for me, I've always thought the things I do that I put down here, that is also why the blogs tend to meander and drag on - they are just diluted versions of my thought process. Most of the time I don't even fit in everything I want to - but they are a very helpful resource to look back on, as I found recently with Cursed Objects. Outlining a lot of the stuff I worked out back then helped this week when I had to review it. In the past it was always in books or notepad on a computer or phone, even google docs. But these were difficult to manage and sort, I'll have writ something down but am unable to find it again now, meaning many of those thoughts and developments fade into obscurity - things that I need now.

Anyway I decided not to share the fantasy idea here, it is after all a screenwriting blog, not meant for other mediums, although I'm sure there is a way of interpreting the story into this format. But for some reason I also felt more of a niggling worry at sharing it publicly with the world. The paranoia is always in the back of my mind that my silly and underdeveloped ideas will somehow be stolen, but never as much as with this one. Strange since this one isn't even in a medium that I am passionate about or ever intend to pursue a career in.

These thought generated a new idea - a short film about this exact paranoia.

Logline:

A guy blogs all his ideas and slowly they start being made into real books and movies by people that he's never met - he becomes convinced that this is some kind of organised plagiarism crime against him. 

Comments

  1. It's always good to infuse your narratives with real-life experience! Good job Bo, would love to see it come to fruition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. every time you try and support me i lose all motivation, you ruin everything you touch and the world would be better without you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts