BSA 203 S1W9 : Critique #1





We had critiques last week but I missed it and wasn't aware that a critique also requires a presentation like the proposal and stuff, somehow that slipped my mind. I quickly did it in class, outlining the biggest changes in my research especially considering the change in focus from narrative structure to comedy.


Originally I was doing the question on narrative structure, but found that my question was already kind of answered in the first presentation when I outlined how I would use reverse structure and stuff. I found this worked well and didn't really require much more experimentation, the problems I had in executing it was related to making the film entertaining and writing the dialogue.


I changed my question to be about how to use comedy to make this idea entertaining, at the moment I am experimenting with this by trying to combine different of genres of comedy in one film. The idea is that as it progresses it becomes more random and surreal but I am not sure how well these will mesh, hence the need for further experimentation. here I also outlined the different genres I want to use and how I want to progress through them.



I have written most of a script exploring this technique, the script is a different story that I want to tell, but this is so I can find a way to use these techniques first in a simpler story before implementing them into the story I aim to tell. In the term break I am planning to film this short film that I have scripted out, it will determine whether or not my idea of this kind of comedy works or not. While I feel it is fine on the page, it can be very different once someone starts reading it out.



I designed this presentation in a very short amount of time and feel that it is still quite visually pleasing, I am more proud of this than most things I make 😂.

The feedback I got was very good and kind again, most people liked the new comedic angle and people offered to help which is really nice. Last time I also thought my presentation went over very well though, and thought Bex liked it a lot, but I still got a C- so I dunno 😕

Comments

  1. Check these links out Bo.
    https://nofilmschool.com/2019/04/5-tricks-action-sequences?fbclid=IwAR0fvhOaPBKVaQShX1sYrlTIH0hvGvJVbjqx8MkSQbE_IKtHaRxEF4Lr4n8

    https://nofilmschool.com/Character-arc-definition-and-examples?fbclid=IwAR39aO9Pwdh2jfe08H5dgKhjoiCsSgQhM9l2rd8Q5zTmLoMJEQ9aZuuDja0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the low grade get you down! Just strive for better next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i strive to slit your throat someday with a very blunt and rusty knife, but hey thats just me

      Delete
    2. "To each their own" I always say :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts