BSA 206 W9 : One on Ones



Today we had some one-on-ones with Traci discussing where we intend to go for our research and presentation.

I am going with M. Night Shyamalan as my choice of director, the main thing that I took away from my meeting is that my original intentions for this project were far too large and overblown. We are breaking down a single scene and experimenting with just that, because of this I have scaled back and decided to shift my focus.

I will no longer tell the story I had in mind originally for this paper, instead I will take one scene from his catalogue and play around with that. The scenes that I am gravitating towards are the long shots slowly panning or dollying while revealing new information that are quite often present in his films. There are two distinct examples from Unbreakable that I could use for this - The Train scene at the beginning and the opening pregnancy scene.



Opening pregnancy scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E69-oJ7TDc

It was hard to find a clip showing the train scene I mentioned, this other clip from the film in a hospital is also just a one shot and is quite well done showing where the character's attention lies, it doesn't have the panning or dollying motion though which is something I want to incorporate:







Comments

  1. Sound cool Bo! :) What's your fav Shyamalan movie? Mine is After Earth (I absolutely LOVE Will Smith)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might be the worst person in existence at this point in time

      Delete
    2. Really? I've never heard of that one before, what year was that?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts