BSA 206 W11 : Further Research



I had some trouble writing up the proposal, the introduction was a breeze and something I quite enjoyed but it became difficult once I had to start talking about the director's intention. This is because I hadn't done enough research, I had so much trouble finding good interviews with Shyamalan for the study of my piece because everything that comes up on google are very recent and mainly related to his latest film Glass.

It's only once I discovered that in the google search tools you can specify your preferred dates and set it between the years when he was making his best stuff that I again found some good interviews:


Use of sound design: Using [sound] just like dialogue to tell a story -- it's my special effects for 90 percent of the movie.



Unbroken Shots: ”I wanted a certain tension,” he says. ”I didn’t want the camera to let the audience off the hook.”


On collaboration with James Newton Howard: “I think it's the most important collaboration I have.”


Unbreakable,” he says, “is about discovering the best version of ourselves, finding the supernatural elements of our own lives.”

I still haven't found it all that easy to collect information on his intention or technique, but it should do.

Comments

  1. That might be an offensive caricature, just saying some people might be offended

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts