BSA 227 W9 : Shoot Review



So over the weekend I shot three of the four scenes that I need to for my film. I didn't get to film everything that I had planned as the first day had to be cut in half due to some problems with the audio (I forgot a Zoom mic and the on-board sound for the URSA had a weird static that we didn't notice until late into the day).

There are still a couple of pick-up shots of the first scene that I didn't end up getting before calling it a day with our sound related woes bringing the shoot to a halt.

The second day of shooting (the Sunday) went much better I think and this was not just because this time I had acquired a Zoom from Oisin (it was being used for Bethany's set on the first day and so I couldn't borrow it then) but it was also a better set because I stuck more to the shot schedule that I made up way back when:



This breakdown was very handy on set, I could keep track with both actors and the DOP.

Catering, Props and all the other things I prepared went very smoothly, I was happy with the shoot the only thing that really brought it down were those sound issues on the first day.

Some of the cursed BTS images:



  



  

  

  

We had fun. My phone's camera is meme-worthy wide and has trouble focusing so we did a bit of a photo shoot with it. Matthew did some panorama work with his camera as well, those are unfortunately a bit harder to post here.

I put the footage on the Y drive but haven't yet had a look, the biggest concern at this point is that I might have to ADR the first scene completely. I will give audition a go and see if I can cut out the static but chances are I would either have to re-shoot or do the audio in post (this latter option is a bit easier and could potentially be pretty amusing).

I have gear out for the holidays and will hopefully do my pick-up and last scene day this coming week.

My next step is to edit what I have together, then to fix the sound, to film the last scene and when I have everything edited in it's entirety I will start the compositing process.






Comments

Popular Posts