BSA 206 W8 : Agnieszka Holland and Tim Twyker



We looked at Agnieszka Holland, a polish director who made the following films:







These all look very good actually, seems rare to have such a good run of heavy-hitting dramas that are actually good.

Tim Twyker

We looked at this German director next, he made Run, Lola, Run and went on to make Perfume and Cloud Atlas.

I love Run, Lola, Run.



It's a very intense movie, repeating the same sequence thrice in a movie that requires so much attention can be tiring, as was the experience with many people in our class. I thought the same upon realising we'd be watching this film again I thought I couldn't do Run, Lola, Run a second time, it felt like a marathon last time, but this time it was more of a race and I highly enjoyed my time with the film. It's just so damn entertaining, every single minute is full of fun and style. The filmmaking is so much fun.



This film from Matthew last year has a similar structure and was similarly exhausting, especially when you get to the third loop. At least Run, Lola, Run changed it up from one to the next.

Comments

Popular Posts