BVA203 W4 : Development of Themes, Breadcrumbs and Storyboards

This week we did some development stuff in class as well as group discussion.

I came up with a new Breadcrumb:

It would be a good idea for the girl to forget who he is, he can introduce himself earlier - resulting in a comically awkward transaction where he tries and convince her that she already knows him. Later in the timeline of the dream she can remember him introducing himself, but not really know him. The idea of this being told in chronological order is that it seems like she's forgetting him over time.



I like this narrative development because it relates directly to his fears of her forgetting him.

I also did some storyboards for the sequence that I am currently content with (the first 'act' of the film):


The class discussion aspect helped with my idea in two ways:

1) Jacqui suggested that since I am struggling with dialogue I could potentially take a different route and do the whole thing visually.

2) Craig helped a lot in narrowing down one theme in the work: the idea of living in the shadow of your significant other. We discussed how nowadays this is becoming more and more common for males, often it's the boyfriend now who has a more successful girlfriend - at least that's how it seems to be in our community.

This idea resonated a lot and is a thing I struggle with as well to an extent, and there are already the seeds of it present in my story.


Comments

  1. Storyboards often help tom visualise a film before shooting it, keep up the good work Bo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts