BSA 325 W4 : I'm on the BTS crew



I wasn't very happy with my roles that I kinda chose last week, I jumped to things that I thought would be fun or within my expertise. Sound I've done a lot of and thought that doing that would give me a role I'm good at and I could even potentially learn a lot about sound design and post stuff. But I just wasn't feeling it this week, I actually felt apprehensive about going to class because I didn't want to think about the roles I was assigned to. Not just that I had no idea what I could be doing immediately and felt lost + useless.

After talking about this to my girlfriend I decided to tell Jacqui and see if there was anything to be done to change my situation.

I was unhappy because felt creatively cornered, my favourite thing is writing and coming up with ideas and shit so to suddenly be thrown into a very technical role and one where I have to budget (I am TERRIBLE at maths) led to me becoming quite depressed and trapped.

Alas! Jacqui pulled through as she tends to do and suggested that I could help with the content side of social media - I would make videos introducing the team, our office and showing how fun and hard working we are to the public.

She first just mentioned this on messenger and I thought "oh no, they're gonna wants something from me that I can't do", but Jacqui organised a meeting and when she talked about what she wanted the fit seemed perfect.


A little snip to show the wonderfully efficient communcation, Jacqui responds promptly and in detail, my text was long and she read it understanding, found a solution filling another role she needed done and just all in all did an excellent problem solving here 👍

She explained she wanted memes and funny stuff, the kind of content that we create on our own anyway. Not only that it would roll into BTS which meant I'd be working in tandem with Matthew Butler, which makes everything even more perfect.

I am very happy now, and even excited. I like the freedom that comes with my new role - which exactly what I felt was sorely missing before.

We've already started brainstorming some ideas for BTS:

- A tour of the production office (something Jacqui suggested since its been made up so nicely by Glen and Tyler): we're thinking we could have it be really creepy since it's in the basement and make it like a horror found-footage movie, we go look at the office, hear screaming and stuff down there, it's cold, I could even use some footage that me and Luke filmed in an abandoned building last year.

- Ask the Public: Where we go out onto the Invercargill streets and ask the public what they think of Neon Shrimp (which would obviously be nothing cause no one knows a single thing about our existence...yet!

- Marcus wants more grain: A skit in which Kiarne is grading and Marcus keeps asking for one specific little director's quirk he has - more grain. Unfortunately he really, really likes grain and Kiarne is at a loss.

- Introducing the Team: Interview the entire team, outlining their roles etc. but do it in a way where it's like we're taking them in for police questioning/interrogation.

Comments

Popular Posts