BSA 204 W17 : The Trial



I wanted to adapt this for cinematography last year and spent many an hour and sweat induced thought to develop it, but in the end didn't have enough time to really let it breath and write it. I ended up not doing anything, as I often tend to do, so I decided to give it a go again now and surprisingly it was still part of me, the whole film was still there and just needed jotting down. So here it is:
























It's a first draft and does need some more work, but might do this for the 204 assessment now.

Burt and the Dark Fairy tale are just taking too long to develop properly considering when it's due, this is much more refined already because it's so long after original conception.

It's obviously based on Orson Welles' adaptation of Franz Kafka's The Trial but it's what I thought would have been a much more interesting direction to go with the film than what was present in Welles' actual movie. 

I don't know - works well for a short and I like the way it plays out. Love the old timey dialogue and the twist I think works quite well. 


Comments

Popular Posts