BSA 227 W1 : Directorial Notes



First steps first: I need to do an animatic and storyboards, give Ruby a better idea of where I'm coming from, this pre-viz stuff will also help a lot and is always something I want to do for my projects but never really get around to doing.

Directorial Notes:
-----------------------
Scene 1 (Dwayne&Zayne) : I want Zayne to have a casual air similar to that of Sam Rockwell:



He is playing the same character, but cloned, one is some years older and more serious about the world - this is basically what I want for my characters as well (this same dynamic) where one is more laid back and chill and the other stresses more about worldly worries.

Moon is also a good example of using split screen or whatever to duplicate the actor - note: remember to have some two shots utilizing this very simple compositing technique.

Scene 4 (TheHood) : Would love to get Conrad from Health and Sophie on this to play the part of The Hood (he has a great way of delivering lines - we could change "inspiring" to "how inspiring").

Scene 5 (TheCoroner) : I want the coroner to act like Henry Cavill in Man from U.N.C.L.E and the Dwayne to be in a polar opposite mood like Casey Affleck in Manchester by the Sea.



I love when he says "It won't match", the final line of this scene ("You're not listening...") would be especially hilarious delivered in this fashion.



Especially for the first line this amount of depression would be great, him coming to realize he wants to change the course of his life can slowly build to be a stronger statement.

The contrast between these two will be very funny I think.

Effects:
----------





Comments

Popular Posts