BVA203 S1W3 : Dialogue, Breadcrumbs and an Animatic



This week I had my one-on-one session with Bex, in which we discussed where my idea was at. Essentially I just told her about my last blog post, which contains my latest work on this project (starting the scripting process).

These are the notes she took during our session:

  1. Week Three; making it personal.  Using a party sequence in reverse. Script draft.  Trial diff styles to test out other versions . breadcrumbs maybe no red herrings.  Memento flip at the end.  Script development.  Dialogue – go explore filmic techniques. Work on animatic. 

The first thing that I can work towards next is Dialogue. The reason I disliked my first draft (if you can call it that) so much was because of the way the dialogue unfolded. I am pretty content with the subject matter, themes and general progression of the plot, it's mainly the moment to moment interactions between characters which I find issue with. 

To fix this going forward my next blog will explore dialogue. I will be looking at examples at Bex's recommendation as well as re-reading and eventually rewriting my script. 

One of the things that I often do when I am stuck with a script or idea is put it through a style filter, looking at the same story as if it was directed by someone else.  When I look at examples of dialogue this will obviously happen automatically as well. 

I also need to work on the more specific workings of the breadcrumbs and reveal. If I can work them out beat-by-beat I'll see if they work and it'll help a lot with the writing process.

My intention was to make some kind of visual recreation of my work for the presentation that we have to give in Week 5, this will provide the class with a good idea of what exactly I want and how it'll work. It will also help me a lot before shooting. I thought about making a quick mock-up without actors and such although I am leaning more towards an animatic now, will have to do storyboards first though.



Comments

  1. That reminds me of Hansel and Gretel, a fairy tale influence could be really good on your work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts