BSA 204 S1W2 : A Bad Hollywood Comedy Idea



I had an idea that is very reminiscent of a mainstream Hollywood  comedy, I am very proud of this and could totally see it being made as a low-bro cash grab, even something that could fit to the Save the Cat story telling structure.

  

The movies above, along with something like That's My Boy or We're The Millers, are a pretty good idea of the type of comedic sub-genres that my idea fits in to. Not great company to keep, but hey every idea has its place.

The log-line:

A cool but strict militaristic father takes his son to do every illegal thing in the world on the night of his high school graduation, ensuring each is a terrible experience and to put him off from doing any of them again. 

The idea has a good hook I think, its the typical crazy dad setup, but I also think things go wrong on other levels, like in something like Game Night. The situations would see the dad deliberately plan and boycott what they do, like giving his son the worst hangover ever, taking him to a disgusting brothel or strip club or whatever. Then at some point when the activities start leaning towards drug and crime, there could be some confusion or misunderstanding and they find them selves really in the shit.

The dad could learn to trust his son throughout the course of the film or something haha.

I may develop this, I may never think about it again, but I am sure someone could make it into a pretty middle of the road comedy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts